If you haven’t tried acupuncture but are curious about it, here are 5 encouraging reasons to give it a go.
1. It is Nothing to be Frightened About: Sure, you might feel the needles, but you certainly don’t need to be anxious. If you suffer with aches and pains daily, that pain is far worse that a momentary pinch when the acupuncturist inserts the hair-thin sterilized needles.
2. It’s Personalized: No two patients receive the exact same treatment for the same discomfort or illness. An acupuncturist treats people, not diseases. He or she cares about your entire story – present and past. The acupuncturist sees what is deficient, physically and mentally, and makes adjustments to restore your body’s ability to heal itself.
3. It Gets to the Root of the Problem: Acupuncture is deeply healing because it doesn’t only focus on your present condition; it strives to find out why your symptoms are occurring and aims to treat the underlying cause.
4. It Has Great Side Effects: You might have acupuncture for shoulder or neck pain, for example, which will diminish, but your stress levels, digestion, sleep quality, and overall mood may also improve.
5. It Works: An acupuncturist performs a healing technique that has been around since before history was recorded. It certainly wouldn’t have lasted for thousands of years if it didn’t work.