We have the experience and knowledge needed to resolve your tennis elbow pain once and for all in Mississauga.
If you are suffering from pain on the outside of your elbow, you need to know that ignoring this problem may allow it to develop into a chronic condition. Quick treatment will relieve your pain and may help prevent this from becoming a recurring problem. Pain on the outside of your elbow is generally caused by medial epicondylitis, more commonly known as tennis elbow.
Here are some things you need to know about tennis elbow:
- This pain is generally caused by inflammation and degeneration of the tendon of the wrist extensor muscles where it attaches to the elbow.
- This condition is usually caused by repetitive stress. While tennis is often the culprit, other sports activities or even heavy lifting can lead to this problem.
- Without proper treatment, this condition can become chronic and cause issues for the long term.
- It can develop suddenly or gradually.
- Rest is one of the most important parts of the healing and recovery process. If you are diagnosed with tennis elbow, it is essential that you rest your joint as recommended.
Here at Heal Sports Medicine, we can help get you on track to recovery from tennis elbow in Mississauga, Ontario. We can give you recommendations about how to protect your elbow with an appropriate brace, as well as offer sports massage services that promote healing and more. When you call us, you don’t just get a sports medicine specialist; you also gain access to a whole range of wellness services, including acupuncture, gait analysis, custom orthotics, nutritional assessment, physiotherapy, massage therapy and more. Give us a call right away and get the relief you need.